1987 Catalina 34' (10.36 m) 34
Sodus Point, New York, United States
Freshwater Catalina 34, Dodger, Bimini, Diesel,
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: CTYP0281H687
- LOA 34.5'
- LWL 29.83'
- BEAM 11' 9"
- SAIL AREA 523 FT SQ.
- DISPLACEMENT 11,950 LBS
- BALLAST 5,000 LBS (PART OF DISPLACEMENT)
- I 44' 0"
- J 13.5'
- P 38.50'
- E 11' 9"
- MAST HEIGHT OFF WATER 50' 0"
- 120 volt Shore power with distribution panel
- 12 volt DC system with distribution panel
- DataMarine Knotmeter --
- DataMarine Depthmeter -- in proper working condition -- see photo reading
- VHF inside @ Nav Station (King)
- Battery charger
The Catalina 34 is a true classic cruiser that maximizes interior volume and accommodations without sacrificing cockpit space and sailing characteristics. This popular Catalina 34 has been meticulously maintained and boasts a shoal draft, wing keel with all the amenities and features to make sailing fun and enjoyable. The accommodations are well thought out; featuring a large forward v-berth with lots of space and storage lockers. The generous aft berth, master cabin offers a private entrance and door feature, a custom mattress and lots of storage and ample space to move around. The large U-shaped main salon features maroon colored interior cushions with full size salon table that converts to a berth and a large settee to port side.
• Located midship to port, aft of the nav station and features:
• Groco Head
• Separate shower area with seat
• Storage below the stainless steel sink
• Extra storage added behind head with teak door and frame
• Hot/cold pressure water system with 75 gallon fresh water tank
• Vanity with mirror
• 18 gallon holding tank
• Sump pump
Located to starboard and is set up for the cook at sea! There is lots of cabinet storage in the galley to easily accommodate the items needed for a weekend cruise or longer trips, large countertops and overboard pump for the ice box drain.
• Top loading ice box with overboard drain pump
• CSI 2 burner propane stove with oven
• Double stainless steel sink
• Dry storage area and numerous drawers
• Hot/cold pressure water
Electronics & Navigation Equipment
• Mast mounted VHF antenna
• Ritchie Globemaster SP-5 binnacle compass (recently rebuilt with new dome)
• Mast Head Fly
• ProRech3-bank battery charger
• AC/DC electrical breaker instrument panel
• Five 110v outlets, all GFI protected
• 30 amp shore power service hook-up
• Perko battery switches at nav station
Sails & Rigging
• Tall rig with the highly desirable Hood Sea Furl 900, dual grooved, headsail furling system
• Original 7.0 Dacron fully battened Mainsail with 2 full reef, flattening reef and retractable E-Z Jacks
• 155% Dacron Cruising furling genoa with foam luff and matching Sunbrella
• Two Lewmar 46 primary self-tailing winches in cockpit combing for genoa
• Adjustable cabin top mounted mainsheet and traveler controls
Engine Details & Mechanical Equipment
• Universal XP25, 23HP 3 cylinder diesel engine
• 23 gallon fuel tank and Racor fuel filter
• US Coast Guard required equipment including:
• Stainless steel lifelines
• Danforth 25 primary anchor with 15’ chain and 200’ nylon rode
• PFD life preservers and Horseshoe style throw able PFD
• Various dock lines, fenders, fire extinguishers
• Horn and flares
• Dodger w/3 handrails
• Bimini w/connector
• Binnacle cover
• Matching maroon UV cover on headsail and mainsail cover
• Cockpit cushions with matching backrests
• Solid teak folding cockpit table and drink holders
Official Number: 905931
LOA: 34' (10.36 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Designer: Frank Butler
Photos click to view all
Sodus Bay is a wonderfully protected destination harbor, scenic and quaint. This is our only seasonal sales location, with summer hours only. We are located in the finest facility on Sodus Bay, Katlynn Marine, a full-service marina and boatyard. Mike Foley is our broker here during the boating season.
Mike Foley CPYB
Sales & Brokerage
As an educator Mike Foley taught high school technology and served as the district IT Director for the Honeoye Central School District located in the Finger Lakes. Mike retired from teaching and continued to grow his large format printing and graphic design business. Always involved with boats and boatbuilding, Mike has long been associated with boat owners and marinas in the Sodus Bay area. A former wooden boat owner Mike was bitten by the racing bug in 1992, purchased a J/30 from RCR and campaigned the boat for 12 years.