2014 J Boats 29' (8.84 m)
Oriental, North Carolina, United States
Extensive re-fits done in 2022 and 2023. Call for complete history. Refreshed boat in great condition for its age. Ready to get back onto the race course. Opportunity at a good price.
- Racing Sailboat / Daysailers
- Fiberglass Hull
- HIN/IMO: UCF88008H314
New B&G Triton2 Displays (2) mounted at companionway
New Precision 9 Compass
New Wind Anemometer
New Airmar DST810 Speed/Depth Transducer
New Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF and Antennae
Recent Additions and Upgrades (2022 & 2023):
All Stanchions Fresh Black Powder Coating
All New Replaced Wire Standing Rigging
Complete Custom Marlow Ropes Race Running Rigging Package
New Harken Carbo Blocks and Cleats
Shortened Tiller Extension
Mounted Telescoping Swim Ladder at Transom
Opening Ports installed at Companionway
Carbon Deck Wear Patches at Spin Blocks
Replaced Winch Handle Pouches
Upgraded Mainsheet System
New Double Rope Clutches Port and Starboard
Upgraded to Double Ended Vang Lead to Cockpit Cleats
Carbon Spinnaker Takedown Roller and Blocks
New Canvas in 2022: Settee Cushions, 4 Padded Lifeline Covers, Tiller Covers (2)
Safety: Fire Extinguisher, Throwable Float, Heaving Line, Anchor,
Docklines and Fenders
Services in 2022:
2 New AGM Group 27 Batteries
Realigned saildrive with keel and rudder
Repair, install, fair saildrive plate
Gelcoat crazing and chips fixed in several areas
Hull and Deck Compound Buffing
New Whale bilge pump
Replaced Head and Hoses
Full Detailing inside and out
All one design J/88 class sails. Doyle Main, North Sails Spinnaker, Doyle Jib. Brand new (still in the box) 2023 Quantum
Lite/Medium Carbon Fusion Jib with Roller Battens.
New Interprotect 2000 epoxy bottom (white) without antifouling. Buyer to add bottom paint of choice.
· J/88 hull & deck infusion molded with biaxial and unidirectional E-glass fabrics and balsa core in the hull for rugged durability and Corecell foam core in the deck for light weight. High density core material and additional glass reinforcements are placed in way of highly loaded hardware and components.
· Molded internal bulkheads and liners finished with gelcoat, bonded and/or tabbed to the hull and/or deck.
· White gelcoat hull with single boot stripe.
· 10 year transferable warranty against osmotic hull blistering, 5 year structural warranty.
· Infused GRP molded structural grid with longitudinal and transverse keel support beams.
· One large cockpit seat storage locker.
· Open transom for easy access with lightweight ORC transom safety ladder.
· High strength, inward turning and overlapping hull to deck joint bonded with structural adhesive.
· White gelcoat deck with molded non-skid on horizontal deck surfaces.
· Molded ISO/ORC height foredeck toe-rails on deck.
· Large self-draining cockpit with molded secure helmsman foot braces in cockpit.
· 6.5’ draft low VCG keel with lead ballast featuring molded GRP finish.
· Single point lifting bar located under centerline bilge access board in main salon.
Engine, Steering & Systems
· 14hp, two-cylinder Yanmar 2YM15 diesel engine with 80amp alternator and Saildrive SD-20 leg.
· Keyless start/stop engine panel and tachometer with fuel gauge, alarms and engine hour counter.
· Flexofold geared 2-bladed bronze folding prop.
· Engine single throttle control with neutral safety switch.
· Waterlock muffler with exhaust run aft to transom.
· 15 gallon fuel tank.
· High aspect transom mounted rudder with custom SS gudgeon hardware.
· Custom molded composite tiller in white gelcoat finish.
· Spinlock EA 1200 adjustable tiller extension with handle.
· Cockpit operated manual bilge pump operable from the helm position plumbed to transom fitting.
· One AGM Group 27 battery (option for 2nd battery).
· 12V DC On/Off battery switch.
· 12V DC electrical distribution panel w/ 6 circuit breakers.
· LED navigation lights.
· UL approved stranded, tinned copper ABYC color-coded wiring.
· Bonding system to meet ABYC regulations.
· Two swiveling reading lights in main cabin.
· Two red/white dome lights.
· Two DC charging plugs.
· Automatic electric bilge pump and panel switch for manual operation.
· Low maintenance stainless grab rails on cabin house (P&S).
· Companionway opening with PVC slider tracks, large gutter drains, molded seahood and sliding cover.
· Acrylic offshore removable drop board with inside/outside lockable hasp.
· SS custom fabricated chain plates for shrouds and headstay terminations.
· Foredeck skylight hatch mounted on cabin house forward of mast.
· Two fixed cabin side portlights.
· Two aluminum 2-speed 40:1 self-tailing primary winches in cockpit.
· Two aluminum 2-speed 30:1 self-tailing secondary winches on cabin top.
· Two 10" Lewmar OneTouch lock-in winch handles.
· Cockpit operated Harken adjustable jib car and 4:1 in-hauler systems to P&S.
· 6:1 Mainsheet system leading to ratchet block and cam mounted on centerline swivel cam base aft of traveler.
· 18:1 mainsheet fine-tune adjuster mounted to swivel base cam forward of traveler.
· Adjustable mainsheet traveler with 4:1 control line and cam cleats P & S.
· 24:1 Double ended backstay adjuster purchase system leading forward to P & S cam cleats.
· Internal bowsprit launching system to exit aft face of the cabin house to cam cleat.
· Harken underdeck headsail furling system with black anodized foil and control line on cabinside mounted cam cleat.
· Spinnaker tack line side mounted rope clutch mounted to starboard on cabin side.
· Spinnaker sheet blocks outboard of primary winches on stanchion bases and aft at stern rail.
· Halyard lead blocks mounted at mast base, halyard organizers and double Antal Vcam rope clutches one per side.
· SS stanchions, two SS stern rails at transom corners and custom SS bow rail with 9.5" lower lifeline height.
· SS double lifelines.
· Foredeck and transom mooring cleats.
Spars & Rigging
· Hall Spars carbon fiber mast with double swept spreaders, long masthead crane and mainsail luff track. Deck step design and SS tabernacle system. Mast finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
· Boom with internal 8:1 outhaul, mainsheet attachment points, outhaul and single reef sheaves as well as provision for reef cleat and block at inboard end. Finished in satin black with contrasting white bands.
· Carbon bow sprit with tack ferrule fitting, painted black finish. Bow sprit seal system mounted between sprit bearings.
· 1 x 19 compacted strand wire headstay & side rigging with adjustable open-body turnbuckles, and DSK78 Ultra Wire backstay.
· Complete Hall Spars running rigging package.
· Molded main salon liner with full length settee berths, molded backrests, storage access bin in backrests and below cushions. Molded areas for sink (forward to port) and hinged utility counter (forward to starboard).
· Choice of fabrics for 3" standard main salon cushions.
· Teak and holly synthetic high-wear cabin sole in main cabin with centerline access to bilge.
· Igloo Cooler.
· Fabricated companionway ladder with teak treads.
· Molded V-berth and hull support liner. (Option for V-berth platform & cushions)
· Head compartment with Raritan PH-II WC, mirror, TP holder, gravity style holding tank and deck pump out fitting.
· Bin storage opposite head.
· Molded cockpit support liner surrounding engine and mechanicals with foam insulated engine area.
· Three engine access hatches
· Low maintenance painted gelcoat finish on all interior hull & deck surfaces.
· Black anodized aluminum compression post to transfer mast loads to internal hull structure.
· Opening ports on aft end of cabin facing the cockpit.
· Black Powder-coated stanchions & rails.
· Light Grey Non-Skid
· Wide Opening lifeline gates (P&S).
· Additional AGM Group 27 battery.
LOA: 29' (8.84 Meters)
Type: Sail- Used
Fuel Type: Diesel
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Photos click to view all
223 Lockport Street
Youngstown NY 14174 USA
RCR Youngstown Office is our corporate headquarters where all of our business operations flow through. This is the site of our original store dating back to 1972, with an indoor heated showroom and offices above. It is our home office where our management and administrative staff work. Tim Finkle is the broker at this location.
Tim Finkle CPYB
Sales & Marketing Manager
223 Lockport Street
Youngstown NY 14174 USA
Tim joined RCR Yachts in February 2014. He grew up in Youngstown, learning to sail in the Youngstown YC Jr. Sailing program. After leaving the area to attend Connecticut College and then work in New York City for 8 years, he decided to move home and follow his passion for boating. He actively races his J/70 “Junior” all over the country and locally as a member of the Youngstown Yacht Club, where he is on the board of directors. He is the co-chair of the CanAm Challenge that hosts a one-design regatta each July at YYC. Tim is also on the board for Sail America. He works out of the Youngstown and Buffalo offices and lives in Lewiston with his wife Aly and kids Cole & Louise.